Saturday, October 1, 2011

Some of my favorite cookbooks:

Flavors of Greece
Healthful, authentic, flavorful, and fresh, Rosemary Barron's ode to Greek food embodies everything great about Greek cuisine. As someone who's been lucky enough to eat the real deal, these recipes recreate it! Her stuffed vegetables are TDF.

Madhur Jaffrey's World-of-the-East Vegetarian Cooking
I don't eat meat much. Buy any vegetable, and look it up in this. You'll find something fantastic to make with it. I just read this book for fun- she is incredibly well informed about ingredients and international cuisine, and she is a fascinating human being! Try her tofu and cabbage stew with shiitake mushrooms.

Tapas
So simple, so luscious. Tapas are my favorite way to eat! Her shrimp in garlic and tomato sauce rocks my life.

Fast Food My Way
I love Jacques Pepin. I think he is presh. This cookbook is SO EASY and yet so delicious! The broccoli stem relish is intensely amazing, as is the salmon with mirin.

Lord Krishna's Cuisine
In India, they are mostly vegetarians. So obviously, OBVIOUSLY they know how to make intensely awesome vegetarian food.

Student's Vegetarian Cookbook
I don't own this cookbook but my boyfriend does and I have thoroughly benefited. The falafel and the rice/black bean/orange salad are both to DIE for!

Back to Lele Lurves Plants

No comments:

Post a Comment